Sequiturs and Non sequiturs...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Society of Glass Beadmakers - Norcal

Yesterday I attended my first SGB-Norcal (Society of Glass Beadmakers-Northern California) event, the annual holiday party. What a great group of people! I don't know why it's taken me so long to catch on to the community aspect of lampworking. It has always just been something I pursued in my own little world. That necessary place of creative focus has been primarily a solitary experience. But there are many of us, united by the expression of our creative impulses in a shared medium. And once I lifted my head and took a good look around I found a community of big-hearted, fun and creative people who share this passion for working in glass. What a delightful discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment